Friday, May 05, 2006

International Symposium on Memory Management

I'm off to Canada in June to present my paper, Optimisitic Stack Allocation in Java-Like Languages. Funnily enough (!) we don't implement it in our own system (OSVM). One of the reasons for that is that it is actually better suited to larger devices with deep caches than to real time small devices with often no cache at all.

Since ISMM is colocated with PLDI, and since PLDI is one of the top venues in the business I'll also be going to PLDI. I'll be at PLDI mostly as a lowly spectator, though there will be a poster about our VM and the VM we are doing for the PalCom project.

Needless to say I am very much looking forward to the trip. Apart from the flying over the Atlantic part. Still, it should be comfortable enough compared with the route two acquaintances of mine took. It seems that the phrase 'sore behind' doesn't even begin to describe the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home